10 Questions with Bridal Designer Idan Cohen
1) What was your background before you opened your bridal and eveningwear house?
I grew up in Lod, Israel in a family of fashion. As a child, I wandered the factory of my family’s denim brand and dreamt of an international fashion brand of himself.
After becoming the company’s creative director, I realized my passion was in bridal gowns and evening wear. I went on to study at the prestigious fashion school Marangoni in London. In 2012, Idan Cohen opened his first atelier in Tel-Aviv, catering to a growing private clientele.
2) Where is the House of Idan Cohen based?
It is located in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
3) Describe your look and point of view of the Idan Cohen brand?
It’s about sensuality, femininity, with a touch of glamor.
4) What is the design process?
Our design process starts with a sketch, then the pattern and then to the selection of fabrics for sewing and quality control.
5) What is selling the best right now?
Ballgowns, jumpsuits, and dramatic gowns with overskirts.
6) What fabrications and embellishments do you like to work with?
We work with lace, embroidery, sheer panels, prints and cut-outs.
7) What are the price points here in the U.S.?
Our prices range from $3,000 - $12,000.
8) What countries do you distribute your gowns and what is unique about your sales department?
We sell in Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Monaco, Moscow, Paris and the U.S. We have two teams that are like family to the customers, who are online available to help 24/7.
9) Who are some of the celebrities who have worn an Idan Cohen on the Red Carpet?
Golden Barbie, Jennifer Lopez, Kelly Osborne, Laverne Cox, Nicki Minaj, Paula Abdul and many more.
10) What do you like most about what you do?
I love designing and I love couture because I can go as far as I want with it. With my imagination the sky is the limit.