10 Questions with Bridal Designer Chantal Romano
WE SAT DOWN WITH THE MOTHER AND DAUGHTER DESIGN TEAM, PRIOR TO THEIR OFFICIAL OPENING OF ISRAELI BRIDAL FASHION WEEK 2019 AS THE FEATURED DESIGNER.
1) Where are you based and where are your gowns made?
Our studio is in Israel and we design and produce all the gowns in our studio.
2) When did you open your atelier?
The Chantal Romano studio was established in 1994 and became one of the most recommended studios in Israel and a leading fashion house both for brides and women.
3) What is the overall look of your designs?
The overall look of our designs combine uniqueness, sophistication and empowerment. Our brides are looking for a different and special look. They want to be stunning on their wedding day, yet loyal to their inner beauty
4) What came first, eveningwear or bridal?
Both…we love designing eveningwear and bridal
5) How does the mother/daughter team work? Who does what?
Designing together can be very challenging, but not when you have a real respect for one another. We have designed together for more than 15 years.
When you listen to one another and are open-minded to hearing new directions and giving each other her creativity and space, the outcome is beyond what you imagine.
Oshrat is the one who takes the designs to new worlds and Chantal’s unique taste, precious experience and professionalism keeps it very high level and couture.
6) Tell us about your “unique technique .”
Well… this is a professional secret. Throughout the years, we have developed unique techniques and special designs to flatter the woman's body. Every bride and every woman who tries our dresses admit that they don't understand how they look so good in every dress they try on.
7) What is your inspiration for this season?
The inspiration for this season is role models: queens, princesses and powerful woman.
8) What types of venues do your brides typically get married at?
Most of our brides love getting married at gardens.
9) How long have you been selling in the United States?
We have been selling in the U.S. since July 2017.
10) What are the price points?
Our prices range from $5,500 - $14,300.