10 Questions with Pattie Lamantia, Owner of The Wedding Shoppe
1) How long have you owned the The Wedding Shoppe?
I’ve owned The Wedding Shoppe for 13 years.
2) Where was your merchant training before?
I spent 27 years at Suky Rosa as the Manager/Buyer.
3) What was the essence of what you learned from Suky that you carry on today?
Honesty is very important & listening to your customers wants goes a long way.
4) Who is the bride that shops in your store?
28-32 professional, fashion minded & very independent
5) What type of venues does your brides marry in and what do they like to wear?
All city venues are hot now (Philadelphia) Also museums & barns Country Clubs seem to be out!
6) What is the recipe for running a top bridal salon in the US in t his day and age? How do you keep an edge?
Be on the selling floor, listen, keep up with the fashion trends and treat employees as family!! Keep them educated. Listen to their suggestions too. Keep in touch with other similar shop owners.
7) What is the criteria you use when choosing a designer or brand to carry in your store?
Style, reputation, referrals by other top salon owners. I must be able to get to the top if there is an issue. Must be a partnership.
8) Besides NYC market do you go anywhere else to shop for gowns?
I go to the Milan and Barcelona markets on a semi-regular basis to shop for additional gowns.
9) How do you deal with a millennial bride today who wants to buy a dress in a shorter amount of time?
I usually try to offer them samples and work to accommodate rush orders.
10) How would you like to see the bridal industry work better together?
Eliminate minimums, contribute in trunk show expenses and better promotions of stores through social media, ads, blogs etc...all at no fee!